On the recognition and transfer of courses
(Issued with Decision No. / QĐ-TĐTCTCT-DT on 6 August 2015
By the Rector of Cao Thang Technical College)
1. Scope of regulation:
The institutional regulations on transfer students and transfer courses are described as follows.
2. Regulations on the recognition of completion and transfer of courses
a. The targeted course must have equivalent content, number of credit hours, and be taught at a degree program that has equivalent level to the transfer program.
b. The time limit for recognition and transfer of courses shall not exceed 2 years from the date of graduation (or the date of completion of the course, courses already attended) to the date of registration.
c. Scope of consideration for the recognition and transfer:
- Students can register for the recognition and transfer of courses in General Knowledge, and Basic Engineering.
- Practice courses, internships, laboratory courses, and project courses are not considered.
d.Total number of credits requested to transfer shall not exceed 30 credit hours.
3. Subjects of application
a. Alumni who would like to enroll in other degrees at Cao Thang Technical College, that are of equivalent or lower level than their past degrees.
b. Students studying at Cao Thang Technical College who are not qualified to continue their studies, and are permitted to change to lower level.
c. Students of Cao Thang Technical College who are subjected to temporary suspension of studies will need to transfer the equivalent course(s) from the previous cohort to the current cohort, if there are any related changes in the curriculum.
d. Graduates from other schools who would like to enroll in an equivalent or lower level degree program at Cao Thang Technical College.
4. Methods of consideration for the recognition and transfer of courses:
4.1 Direct recognition and transfer of courses:
The direct recognition and transfer of courses is based on the content, number of credit hours, course grades acquired, is applied to the following courses:
- Physical Education, Defense Education, Political Theory, Politics, Law, Ho Chi Minh Thought, and Basic English.
- The courses in Basic Engineering (according to Section 2.c) shall be considered for direct transfer for students identified in categories 3.a, b, c.
4.2 Conditional recognition and transfer of courses:
The condition for the recognition or transfer of courses is that the student must pass a test related to the transfer courses.
This method is applicable to students who have graduated from another school (identified in categories 3.d), and would like to transfer courses in Basic Engineering (section 2.c). Transferring applicants must pay fees as prescribed.
4.3 Procedures to register for the recognition and transfer of courses:
- Students register for the recognition and transfer of courses by filling in the form received from the Academic Affairs Department or download the registration form from http://daotao.caothang.edu.vn/.